Each AGM we host a Silent Auction to raise funds for our Student Travel Awards. We always have an excellent selection of items to bid on, thanks to our generous donors and the students who organize the auction. These are just some of the types of items regularly seen in our auctions:
- Unique company swag (last year the HTI bag was so popular, they donated a second one!)
- WA-BC Chapter t-shirts and hats
- Fishing rods/reels
- Artwork from local and chapter artists
- Floy tags
- Acoustic receivers (VEMCO)
- Magazine subscriptions
If you would like to donate an item to the silent auction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can arrange for items to be shipped in both Canada and the USA.
Remember, all proceeds go to support our students through Student Travel Awards to attend AFS conferences.
Some of the items we will have at the 2017 Silent Auction include:
- Two-day Electrofishing Principles and Safety Course by Smith-Root
- VEMCO VR2Tx acoustic receiver voucher ($2400 value!)
- BioMark Swag (T-shirt, baseball cap, sweatshirt, beer glass)
- Book: Ecology of Salmonids in Estuaries Around the World by Dr. Colin Levings (UBC Press)
- Floy Tag (Tags, tagging gun, log book and water proof ruler) ($613 value!)
- Moby landing net (from Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC) ($150 value!)
- Hand-tied flies (Colin Bailey)
- Original paintings (Orlay Johnson)
Thank you so much to all our contributors!